Metabolomic Technologies Inc. (MTI) is a fast growing company specializing in developing metabolomics-based diagnostics for the healthcare market. Our lead product PolypDx™ is the first urine-based screening test to detect colorectal cancer.
Research Associate/Laboratory Technologist
MTI is seeking a Research Associate/Laboratory Technologist to join its Research and Development team in Edmonton, Alberta. As a Research Associate, you will manage day-to-day laboratory operations, perform and report analytical testing. The successful candidate will be working with a small team of energetic and motivated individuals, where there is a commitment to professional and personal growth.
- Manage day-to-day laboratory operations under the supervision of the VP Product Development
- Participate in project planning
- Assist in analytical methods development and perform sample analysis following Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Provide ready access to all experimental data
- Prepare reports of completed projects for publication in technical journals, for presentation, or for use in further applied or theoretical research activities
- Manage the laboratory supplies and chemicals, including inventory, sourcing, and storage according to research and development needs
- Manage the biobank, including sample receiving, recording and storage
- Perform equipment maintenance and calibrations according to SOPs
- Ensure all safety protocols and procedures are followed and work within the established quality system
- Other related duties as assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution in Analytical Chemistry or a related field with a minimum of two years of laboratory research hands-on experience
- Detailed knowledge and hands-on experience of LC-MS/MS. Experience with Sciex QQQ and software is preferred
- Experience with method development in the metabolomics field is an asset
- Experience with working in an industrial setting under a quality management system is preferred.
- Team player with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Word
- Self-directed with the ability to work with minimal supervision while achieving specific goals within specific timelines
- Possesses strong analytical skills and is process- and results-orientated
- Strong project management, reporting and organizational skills with great attention to detail
General lab working conditions, may require travel for conferences or technical support for clients. MTI offers a health benefits plan and employee stock options. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please submit a cover letter and CV by email to: email@example.com with “Research Associate” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.