Metabolomic Technologies Inc. is a growing company developing metabolomics-based in vitro screening and diagnostic products for cancer and other diseases. Our lead product PolypDx™ is a urine-based screening test for the detection of adenomatous polyps and colorectal cancer. We are seeking a laboratory technician to join our research and development team and assist in current and future projects in our pipeline. This is an opportunity to join a small, highly motivated team at the ground level, and make an impact on reducing the incidence of colorectal cancer and other important diseases.
Reporting directly to the research laboratory manager, the laboratory technician will be a member of the scientific team and will provide technical support for successful scientific research and experiments. They will be involved in a variety of hands-on analytical chemistry and biochemistry laboratory-based tasks and will be expected to strictly adhere to correct procedures and guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in day-to-day laboratory operations under the supervision of the research laboratory manager.
- Prepares, aliquots and processes specimens for analysis, assists in sample preparation and analysis following Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Operates standard laboratory equipment, including analytical balance, pipettes, pH meter, centrifuge, etc.
- Verifies and calibrates standard laboratory equipment as established by the approved procedures.
- Compiles, collects, and enters data to support research activities.
- Maintains laboratory books and instrument logs.
- Maintains specimen database following SOPs.
- Ensure all safety protocols and procedures are followed and work within the established quality system.
- Performs additional related tasks, as required.
- Sc in a relevant field.
- Knowledge of research and laboratory techniques with hands-on laboratory experience.
- Knowledge of research laboratory equipment; experience with LC-MS is an asset
- Team player with excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Self-directed with the ability to work with supervision to achieve specific goals within specific timelines.
- Must be eligible for funding under the BioTalent Canada Science Horizons Youth Internship Program. PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR ELIGIBILITY BEFORE APPLYING.
- General laboratory and office working conditions.
- Travel to the United States to collaborator sites and conferences may be required.
MTI offers a health benefits plan, performance bonus and employee stock options. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit a cover letter and CV by email to: email@example.com with "Lab Technician" in the subject line.